Assistant Professor of Intervention Specialist (Special Education)
Ashland University's Dwight Schar College of Education is seeking applications for an Assistant Professor of Intervention Specialist (Special Education). The candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in intervention with special emphasis on moderate to intensive individuals with exceptionalities. This is a tenure-track, full-time position.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the mission of Ashland University and the College of Education.
- Support Ashland University's philosophy of Accent on the Individual.
- Teach face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses within the College of Education.
- Contribute to the field through scholarship.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Support adjunct faculty in the area of intervention.
- Support data collection for College of Education accreditation.
- Support continuous improvement within the College of Education.
- Provide service to the department, college and university.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Earned doctorate in special education or closely related field completed by August 2019.
- Five (5) years of experience working with P-12 students preferred.
- Professional teaching license/certificate.
- Experience teaching college-level courses, with experience teaching intervention specialist courses preferred.
- A commitment to diversity.
Please submit a cover letter, current CV, official transcripts, and three (3) letters of reference with full contact information when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.