Assistant/Associate Professor, Exercise Science
The Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences within Ashland University is seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor for both an undergraduate and master's Exercise Science program. This is a nine (9) month position with the possibility of summer supplemental contract teaching. The successful candidate will teach exercise science and athletic training courses, along with other courses assigned by the Chair of Health Sciences.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the mission of Ashland University and the College.
- Support Ashland University's philosophy of Accent on the Individual.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of exercise science, pediatric exercise science, biostatistics and research.
- Teach courses in an NSCA recognized Masters of Science program.
- Teach coursework in CAATE accredited athletic training program.
- Develop working professional relationships with local, state and national agencies and organizations to enhance service learning and other educational opportunities.
- Establish program of research.
- Ability to work cooperatively with faculty and staff in diverse academic programs.
- Commitment to the assessment of learning outcomes.
- Serve on department, college and university committees.
- Earned Ph.D. degree in Exercise Physiology or other closely related field.
- ACSM or NSCA certification.
- ATC certification.
- Academic emphasis in areas of clinical exercise physiology, pediatric exercise physiology and/or athletic training.
IN LIEU OF CLICKING "APPLY NOW", PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
Applicants should forward a letter of application, unofficial transcripts, current curriculum vitae and contact information for three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The vitae should include educational background, teaching experience, evidence of scholarship and related professional experience. Screening will begin immediately and position will remain open until filled. Selection as a finalist will require the candidate to submit official transcripts.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.