Associate Director of Multiliteracy Center/Accent on Communicating Coordinator
Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) invites applications for an Associate Director of Multiliteracy Center/Accent on Communicating Coordinator for Oral Communication. The University's Multiliteracy Center coordinates, promotes, and delivers programs and services to meet faculty and student needs related to writing, speaking, and listening across the curriculum. The successful candidate for this position will work closely with the Accent on Communicating Coordinator for Written Communication to coordinate the university’s Accent on Communicating initiative.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership across the university on issues pertaining to communication across the disciplines.
- Works with departments, colleges, and programs to implement communication across the curriculum.
- Assists with the completion of programmatic reviews.
- Collaborates with faculty in all disciplines to integrate best communication practices into their teaching.
- Assists faculty with the assessment of student oral communication outcomes as part of the Accent on Communicating initiative.
- Assists with the development and coordination of tutor training that prepares tutors to help students with oral and multimodal communication assignments.
- Keeps abreast of current research and best practices in communication across the curriculum and shares acquired knowledge with appropriate constituencies, etc.
- Master’s degree in Communication or a strongly related field is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years college teaching experience and/or 2 years tutoring experience.
- Two (2) years of experience working with writing/communicating across the curriculum or speaking or writing centers is required.
- Supervisory experience with writing/communication across the curriculum initiatives and/or speaking or writing centers.
- Experience developing training and support systems for faculty implementing oral communication projects into the curriculum.
- Assessment experience.
- Experience delivering or developing synchronous and asynchronous online tutoring support.
- Experience using mywconline.com or other scheduling and reporting platforms is desired.
- Proficient with spreadsheets and other productivity applications and demonstrate the ability to learn emerging technologies, communicate effectively, and maintain a positive working environment.
- Flexibility with work schedule to allow occasional evening events.
A complete application will consist of a letter of application, current CV, copies of graduate transcripts, and three (3) letters of reference. Electronic submissions can be addressed to AoCsearch@ashland.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.