Building Services Worker, 1st Shift - Facilities Management & Planning
The full-time Building Services Worker, 1st Shift, performs services requested for the cleaning and upkeep of buildings at Ashland University which consist of living facilities, dining area, laundry areas, restrooms, classrooms and/or offices. This position also ensures the outer perimeter of every building is clean and litter-free.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning and maintaining living facilities, dining areas, laundry areas, restrooms, shower areas, classrooms and offices.
- Replenishing soap and paper products.
- Removing trash and recycling from buildings while replacing liners in the trash and recycling containers.
- Sweeping, mopping and cleaning floors and stairwells.
- Vacuuming and shampooing carpeted areas.
- Dusting furniture, washing walls and windows.
- Cleaning outside steps and entryways (may include snow removal from entryways).
- Moving heavy furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Burnishing, refinishing and stripping tile and terrazzo flooring.
- Reporting items in need of repair and ordering supplies.
- Performing related or special duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- High School graduate or the equivalent.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, flexible and a team player.
- Able to work effectively in an environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to lift boxes, trash, ladders and equipment.
- Applicant must have reliable transportation.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Availability to work weekends as needed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.