Business Manager - College of Online and Adult Studies
Serving the on-campus Correctional Education Department, the Founders School, and the College of Online and Adult Studies, the Business Manager is responsible for providing leadership with day-to-day operations, business processes, budgeting, and human resource management. The Business Manager oversees departmental budgets and planning, ensuring compliance with university policies and optimization of resources.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic plans and business management goals for the Correctional Education Program, Founders School, and the College of Online and Adult Studies, and evaluate performance against goals and objectives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with senior leadership, department heads, and others to strategize, align goals, and shape continuous improvements.
- Provide leadership in developing, managing, and monitoring of the budget including delivery of timely and accurate reporting of actual results to the budget.
- Develop scenario models based on various assumptions and data points and analyze, interpret and report/present the models and data.
- Maintain compliance with university, federal and state policies and regulations.
- Steward and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers, and other partners.
- Maintain confidentiality of all university and employee information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or relevant discipline required. Relevant Master's degree in business or management preferred.
- Proven experience as a business manager or relevant role including at least five (5) years managing budgets and human resources and its processes.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience working in education preferred.
- Organizational and management skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to master university finance software and excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases, and information systems.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking and time-management skills.
- Ability to make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Some local travel is required.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.