Casual Administrative Assistant - College of Arts and Sciences
Ashland University's College of Arts and Sciences seeks a casual Administrative Assistant for 14 hours per week. The position will provide support to academic programs within the College of Arts and Sciences.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the processing of supplemental contracts for residential, college credit plus courses, and administrative assignments.
- Assist in the maintenance of the faculty load database for full-time and adjunct faculty. Utilize filters to conduct accuracy audits.
- Monitor course enrollments during and after periods of registration and provide weekly reports to the Assistant Dean of courses with low enrollment/high wait lists.
- Confirm that appropriate number of Core seats are posted on WebAdvisor as requested prior to start of new semester.
- Assist with development and delivery of orientation for adjunct faculty.
- Review College of Arts and Sciences Dean's budget weekly against budget summary on WebAdvisor and update expenses as needed.
- Monitor supplemental budgets compared to expenses.
- Other work as assigned.
- Associate's degree; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of hands-on administrative support experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential documents.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as email.
In lieu of clicking "Apply Now" below, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for five (5) references to Patti Brown at email@example.com. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.