Casual A.M. Custodian - Dining Operations
Performs the duties of casual A.M. Custodian in an efficient manner, meeting the objectives of Ashland University. Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the entire facility during the scheduled shift.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain the appearance of all areas of dining including Accent Room, restrooms, kitchen area and entry halls.
- Responsible for sweeping, mopping and vacuuming when needed.
- Dust furniture and decor.
- Clean, sanitize and restock restrooms.
- Remove trash from facilities.
- Wash windows on the inside when necessary.
- Extract carpets and chairs.
- Minor maintenance such as replacing light bulbs.
- Cleaning outside steps and entryways (may include snow removal from entryways).
- Performing related or special duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
- Ability to lift heavy items of 40 lbs. or more.
- Self-starter and able to work unsupervised at times.
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent attendance is a must.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.