Casual Building Services Worker - Facilities Management and Planning
The casual Building Services Worker performs services requested for the cleaning and upkeep of buildings at Ashland University's main campus which consist of living facilities, dining area, laundry areas, restrooms, classrooms and/or offices. This position also ensures the outer perimeter of every building is clean and litter-free.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans and maintains living facilities, dining areas, laundry areas, restrooms, shower areas, classrooms and offices.
- Replenishes soap and paper products.
- Removes trash and recycling from buildings while replacing liners in the trash and recycling containers.
- Sweeps, mops, and cleans floors and stairwells.
- Vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas.
- Dusts furniture, washes walls and windows.
- Cleans outside steps and entryways (may include snow removal from entryways).
- Moves heavy furniture, supplies, and equipment.
- Burnishes, refinishes, and strips tile and terrazzo flooring.
- Reports items in need of repair and ordering supplies.
- Performs related or special duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Follows basic University and Building Services policies and procedures, including written and verbal instructions.
- Completes assignments according to instruction within a requested deadline with supervisory review of final output.
- High School Graduate or the equivalent.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, flexible and a team player.
- Able to work effectively in an environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
- Applicant must have reliable transportation.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Availability to work weekends as needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to perform tasks in high, low, and confined spaces.
- Ability to lift boxes, trash, ladders, and equipment.
- Exposure to chemicals in cleaning products, dust, dirt, and germs.
- Exposure to external temperatures during the cleaning of entrances or around the perimeter of the building.
- Utilizing power equipment used in connection with building cleaning.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.