Casual Site Director, Minnesota Correctional Facility, Moose Lake - Correctional Education
The casual Site Director provides administrative support for the Ashland University Correctional Program for individuals who are incarcerated at the Minnesota Correctional Facility - Moose Lake, located in Moose Lake, MN. Work site is within Minnesota Correctional Facility - Moose Lake, and the Site Director is required to work both at the facility and remotely when necessary.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between Minnesota Correctional Facility - Moose Lake and Ashland University.
- Works with the Implementation Director to ensure the identification, screening, and recruiting of students aligns with Department goals.
- Assists students in completion of all necessary admission documents.
- Assists students with financial aid processes, including FAFSA, etc.
- Works with Implementation Director to project enrollment goals and class sizes each semester.
- Assists students with course registration each semester.
- Maintains site inventory of tablets, student textbooks, and instructional supplies.
- Distributes equipment and materials to students and maintains a record of what has been provisioned.
- Maintains student privacy and record keeping according to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Monitors attendance and faculty interaction with students.
- Conducts and documents weekly meetings with individual students to review attendance, GPA, academic standards, academic progress, forms, etc.
- Assists students with accessing extracurricular activities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Experience working in correctional education preferred.
- Experience working in higher education strongly preferred.
- Ability to use Learning Management System software.
- Computer skills with ability to troubleshoot as well as operate most office programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in advising and/or training others.
- Ability to solve problems is critical.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Organization and management skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and transport course materials, textbooks, and tablets as needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
- Local travel required with some occasional non-local travel involved.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.