Center Administration Associate, Ashland Theological Seminary (Detroit, MI Center)
Ashland Theological Seminary (ATS) is a progressive seminary that is seeking individuals who want to become part of a ministry team in theological education that goes beyond traditional modes of operations, programs, and services. The Center Administration Associate provides support for the coordination and communications for all program and promotional activities at the ATS Detroit, Michigan Center. This is a full-time position whose primary responsibilities include organizing, planning, and coordinating in cooperation with Center staff while providing logistical support to the Center's Director. Application management and planning and teamwork are an integral part of the position.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement communication strategies for church leaders, churches, and other Christian organizations for continuous community engagement between area pastoral leaders and the Center.
- Promote training, workshops, and program courses through event activities in collaboration with the Center's Director.
- Develop materials and activities for training, orientation, and integration of faculty, adjuncts, mentors, and student workers at the Center.
- Implement logistical strategies for orientation, data collection, and training activities involving instructors, mentors, alumni, and other community participants.
- Implement strategies that support the collaboration between the Director of Recruitment and Admissions and the Center's Director.
- Organize community life activities, orientation, retention activities, and other off-site activities in cooperation with Center staff and Director to maximize student enrollment and retention.
- Facilitate program and event data collection for weekly reporting related promotional, recruitment, and program implementation.
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation is a priority for this position.
- Be knowledgeable about the ATS programs, distinctiveness, scholarships, and financial aid opportunities.
- Carry out special projects and other duties as needed by the Regional Director, Center Director, and/or Associate Director.
- Bachelor's degree is required. A background in sales and marketing is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of admissions and enrollment experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and people skills, strong computer and organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically.
- Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques in a cross-cultural environment.
- Possess knowledge about the mission and vision of ATS, its programs, its Brethren Church tradition, and the ministry of theological education.
- Evening and weekend work is required for special events. This position requires a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.