Chief Information Technology Officer - Information Technology
The Chief Information and Technology Officer (CITO) is the day to day operational leader at Ashland University, overseeing the planning, management, and direction of all technology initiatives that support academic and administrative operations at the university. Reporting to the Vice President for Correctional Education and Innovation, the CITO is an innovative, strategic leader responsible for implementing information technology plans that encompass all academic and administrative operations at the university.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and leads long term planning in the areas of enterprise systems, software applications, instructional technology, hardware and networks, telecommunications, and comprehensive customer support services.
- Provides daily leadership to the IT team which is comprised more than 30 members and approximately 20 student workers. Five directors report to the CITO including:
- Director of IT Enterprise
- Director of Infrastructure and Security
- Director of IT User Services
- Director of Educational Technology
- Director of Technology Program Management
- Oversees IT Department budget of approximately $4 million.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-related discipline or Organizational Management required.
- Master's and/or Doctorate degree in a related discipline is strongly preferred.
- Ten (10) years of senior IT level experience at the department or unit level.
- Ideally five (5) years experience supervising director level staff.
- Significant experience with human resource and budget management.
- Ability to lift and move equipment up to 60 pounds.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Ability to drive to remote campus locations and attend training/conferences as assigned.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required as needed.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.