Client Support Technician II
The Client Support Technician II is responsible for Tier 2 support monitoring, maintaining, testing, and repairing Ashland University workstations, printers, and classroom equipment. This position will also provide oversight, mentoring, knowledge bases and training student workers.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements Tier 2 technical and client support services (e.g., install, configure, troubleshoot and maintains a variety of University hardware, software and miscellaneous equipment).
- Develops, tests, implements, maintains and supports campus hardware and software.
- Creates and tests new images.
- Works with vendor's to get installs, firmware updates, and ongoing issues resolved.
- Focal point for Information Technology customer service both in person and on the phone.
- Assists in IT department in troubleshooting and maintaining network, server and miscellaneous equipment.
- Monitors, manages, maintains, and updates enterprise workstations and group policies. Diagnoses and corrects operating and performance issues.
- Monitors evolving technologies, upcoming OS's, and makes strategic recommendations to the Director of Information Technology Support Services.
- Works with student workers; mentoring, training, answering questions and troubleshooting issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology Support Services.
- Associate's degree, plus three (3) years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education/certification/experience is required.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree and associated certificates and accreditations related to Workstation management, networking, Information Systems, customer service, etc.
- A+ Certification is required.
- Microsoft Certification (i.e., Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician), Dell Certification and/or Apple Certification(s) are required.
- Experience working with KACE (Quest KBox) Endpoint Systems Management Appliance.
- 3-5 years customer service and/or product support experience.
- Technical experience with troubleshooting and repairing computer equipment at the University level is preferred.
- Prior experience working in multiple complex technology initiatives and teamwork.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced skills in the use of troubleshooting and repair technology applications.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet hard deadlines.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required as needed.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote campus locations and attend training as assigned.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.