Client Support Technician II/III - Information Technology
The Client Support Technician II/III is responsible for Tier 2 & 3 support monitoring, maintaining, testing, and repairing Ashland University workstations, and classroom equipment. This position will also provide oversight, mentoring, knowledge bases, and training student workers.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements Tier 2 technical and client support services (e.g., installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains a variety of University hardware, software and miscellaneous equipment).
- Develops, tests, implements, maintains and supports campus hardware and software.
- Works with vendors to get installs, firmware updates, and ongoing issues resolved.
- Conducts periodic needs analyses as directed by the Director of IT Support Services.
- Focal point for Information Technology customer service both in person and on the phone.
- Assists IT department in troubleshooting and maintaining network, server and miscellaneous equipment.
- Monitors, manages, maintains, and updates enterprise workstations.
- Diagnoses and corrects operating and performance issues.
- Monitors evolving technologies, upcoming OS's, and makes strategic recommendations to the Director of IT Support Services.
- Works with student workers; mentoring, training, answering questions and troubleshooting issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of IT Support Services.
- Associate's degree, plus three (3) years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education/certification/experience is required.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree and associated certificates and accreditations related to Workstation management, networking, Information Systems, customer service, etc.
- A+ Certification or higher required.
- Microsoft Certification (i.e., Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician), and/or Apple Certification(s). Must complete Apple or Dell Certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Strong knowledge of Quest KBox, JAMF, and TeamViewer is a plus.
- Experience working with KACE (Quest KBox) Endpoint Systems Management Appliance is preferred.
- 3-5 years customer service and/or product support experience.
- Proficiency utilizing and troubleshooting Windows and/or Mac operating systems and MS Office Suite.
- Technical experience with troubleshooting and repairing computer equipment at the University level is preferred.
- Prior experience working in multiple complex technology initiatives and teamwork.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required as needed.
- This is not a remote position; requires employee to be onsite.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote campus locations and attend training as assigned.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.