Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of Clinical Education, Physician Assistant Studies Program
The Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of Clinical Education for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant (PA) Studies Program will work closely with the Program Director to develop, implement, assess, and maintain the curriculum for the clinical phase of the program on a twelve (12) month, full-time basis. The Director of Clinical Education leads the development and maintenance of supervised clinical practice experiences and works collaboratively with faculty within the Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences and Ashland University. The Director of Clinical Education is responsible for ensuring that the supervised clinical practice experiences provide opportunities for PA students to become practice ready upon graduation.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Clinical Education is responsible for ensuring that the clinical phase of the program guarantees the PA students readiness to practice upon graduation, leads students through their clinical education experience, coordinates clinical principal and instructional faculty and supports ARC-PA compliance and self-study related to the clinical curriculum.
Director of Clinical Education responsibilities include:
- Oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of the clinical curriculum including ensuring course syllabi maintain compliance with ARC-PA Standards.
- Develops and maintains supervised clinical practice experiences for students.
- Provides administrative oversight of the clinical year database including clinical sites, preceptors, student information, patient logging and evaluations of sites, preceptors and students.
- Coordination and faculty development of instructional faculty-clinical preceptors.
- Conducts onsite and video-conferenced site visits to maintain compliance with ARC-PA standards.
- Ensures that the program fulfills the instructional needs of the curriculum during the clinical year according to the standards of the ARC-PA.
- Participates in the program's ongoing self-assessment, analysis, and accreditation processes with primary responsibility for clinical education components.
- Prepares and maintains clinical year sections of the student handbook and preceptor manuals.
- Provides academic instruction.
- Serves as an academic advisor to students.
- Participates in state and national PA organizations as necessary to promote the program and the profession.
- Participates in the admissions process including student recruitment and selection.
- Performs other duties as determined by negotiation at the annual performance review by the Program Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Master's degree or higher is required.
- Must be certified by NCCPA and hold current certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience as a PA.
- Preferred experience as faculty in a PA program or medical school.
- Teaching and/or administrative experience in PA education or other healthcare related field.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to build relationships with clinical partners.
- Active service or leadership at the local, regional, or national level.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.