Clinical Education Staff - College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Ashland University's Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences is currently accepting applications for twelve (12) month, full-time Clinical Education staff to provide oversight of students in the clinical and laboratory settings. This position assists the department under the leadership of faculty. The individual in this position is continually involved in the implementation and evaluation of the program and students. A Clinical Staff member is actively involved in clinical teaching, guidance, and advising of students. The Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences academic building located in Mansfield, Ohio, has an award winning, state-of-the-art simulation center.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission of Ashland University and the College.
- Supports Ashland University's philosophy of Accent on the Individual.
- Maintains exemplary academic standards and consistently pursue active development as a teacher and academician.
- Provides guidance, mentoring and role modeling for students.
- Functions under the guidance of the Lead Instructor and communicates student clinical outcomes to the student and clinical staff; orients students to the clinical site; makes clinical assignments consistent with the specific outcomes for the designated course; provides appropriate student supervision; evaluates the student's achievement and progress relative to their clinical outcomes through formative and summative evaluations.
- Meets deadlines, attend meetings, completes compliance requirements, and meets and works with staff, faculty, students and the public.
- Promotes and maintains collaborative relationships between the college and clinical agencies.
- Possesses the positive, professional qualities of courtesy, sincerity, appearance and decorum.
- The following qualifications as stipulated by the Ohio Board of Nursing are required:
- Completion of an approved registered nursing education program in a jurisdiction as defined in paragraph (S) of rule 4723-5-01 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
- Current, valid licensure as a registered nurse in Ohio.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing or enrollment in a graduate level course in a program for registered nurses to obtain a master's or doctoral degree with a major in nursing.
- Eligibility and willingness to begin an approved program of master's study if not currently completed.
- Official transcripts verifying academic preparation.
- Minimum of two (2) years active nursing experience.
- Demonstrated beginning involvement in teaching, scholarship and service.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess documented evidence of excellent interpersonal skills at previous employment.
- Data entry and word processing ability.
Applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Dr. Faye Grund, Dean, Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Ashland University, P.O. Box 3756, Mansfield, Ohio 44907; or email to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and position will remain open until filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.