Clinical Principal Faculty, Physician Assistant Program - Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences
The Clinical Principal Faculty member for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program will work closely with the Director of Didactic Education and the Program Director to implement and maintain the curriculum in accordance with ARC-PA Standards as a course director on a twelve (12) month, full-time basis. As a course director, the individual is responsible for development, implementation, delivery, and evaluation of assigned courses. The Clinical Principal Faculty works collaboratively with faculty within the Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences and Ashland University.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The Clinical Principal Faculty member is responsible for course development and implementation to ensure the PA students readiness to practice upon graduation. Clinical Principal Faculty member responsibilities include:
- Supports the mission of Ashland University and Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Supports Ashland University's philosophy of Accent on the Individual.
- Provides academic instruction.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and ensures course syllabi maintain compliance with ARC-PA Standards of assigned clinical courses.
- Participates in the program's ongoing self-assessment, analysis, and accreditation processes with primary responsibility for didactic education components.
- Participates in the design of a didactic year summative exam to assess student performance and readiness to proceed to the clinical year.
- Serves as an academic advisor to students.
- Provides remedial instruction of didactic year students.
- Conduct clinical site visits to support maintenance of supervised clinical practice.
- Participate in the admissions process including student recruitment and selection.
- Participates in state and national PA organizations as necessary to promote the program and the profession.
- Represents the PA program through service on committees at the university level as required.
- Participates in professional development activities outside of Ashland University's PA program in areas of clinical practice, scholarly activities or advancement of educational degree as agreed upon by the Program Director.
- Agrees to not participate as a health care provider for students in the program, except in an emergency situation.
- Performs other duties as determined by negotiation at the annual performance review by the Program Director.
- Master's degree or higher is required.
- Must be certified by NCCPA and hold current certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience as a PA.
- Ability to articulate a research agenda and demonstrate expertise in advance analytical methods in research areas.
- Teaching and/or administrative experience in PA education or healthcare-related field.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to build relationships
- Active service or leadership at the local, regional, or national level.
- Available to participate in events important to the ongoing success of the university and college.
- Ability to work indoors in a moderately stressful environment and the ability to adapt to changes in workload. Physical requirements may include frequent sitting, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.