Development Administrative Assistant - Ashbrook Center
The Development Administrative Assistant is responsible for initiating and coordinating the clerical and administrative functions required to effectively implement the overall fundraising program for the Ashbrook Center. This position reports to the Director of Development and Chief Operating Officer. The Ashbrook Center, an independent center at Ashland University, restores and strengthens the capacities of the American people for constitutional self-government. Since 1983, Ashbrook has demonstrated an extraordinary track record of success by building and refining a series of high-quality programs that impact teachers and students.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates and provides the necessary administrative/clerical support to all development staff.
- Performs general office duties necessary in the day-to-day operations of the Ashbrook Center.
- Maintains all pertinent data in in Salesforce database and generate reports.
- Performs vital and accurate financial and accounting tasks necessary to the fundraising programs, policies and procedures of the Ashbrook Center.
- Participates in weekly development team meetings and bi-annual planning meetings.
- Assists the Events Coordinator with special projects and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in an office environment and in an administrative capacity.
- Commitment to the mission of the Ashbrook Center.
- The ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative, to ensure the completion of time-sensitive projects.
- Excellent written communication and proofreading skills.
- Computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office and expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.