Director of Diversity and Inclusion - Student Affairs
The Director of Diversity and Inclusion is a full-time, twelve (12) month position responsible for the daily operation and administration of student-focused diversity initiatives, programs, and services. This position supports underrepresented students and student organizations, serving in advocate and mentoring roles. This position also engages and educates students on topics of diversity in an effort to foster civility, respect for the value of all, and to prepare our students to serve and lead in a global society. The director will develop meaningful partnerships with students, academic units, co-curricular departments, support services, and the Ashland community in an effort to elevate diversity awareness, education, programs, and resources.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses campus and community needs related to multiple dimensions of diversity and implements best/high impact practices to address those needs, while aligning with Ashland University's strategic plan.
- Develops a comprehensive plan to educate the campus and community regarding initiatives, services, training, and programs available through the Office of Diversity.
- Designs and implements diversity competency workshops, programs, and services to encourage students, faculty, staff, and community members to engage in conversations across multiple dimensions of diversity.
- Reviews policies and makes recommendations to ensure underrepresented students are protected, challenged, and supported.
- Develops and implements a strong marketing and communications plan that elevates the visibility of diversity programs and resources.
- Prepares materials and represent office at various programs including admissions days, summer orientation days, orientation weekend, etc.
- Advises student organizations; supervises undergraduate intern and student office assistant.
- Oversees budget for Office of Diversity and demonstrates sound fiscal management.
- Tracks, analyzes, and responds to data trends as related to diversity initiatives, student satisfaction, and learning. Creates bi-annual office reports for the Board of Trustees.
- Serves on division and institution-wide committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in higher education or related field required.
- Minimum two (2) years professional experience in a student affairs/higher education or related environment. Two (2) years of graduate work will be considered one (1) year of professional experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working with a wide variety of student populations is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Possess effective organizational habits and strategies.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Evening and weekend working hours required as needed.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.