Director of Marketing and Communications
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing, the Director of Marketing and Communications plans (in line with the university's strategic plan), executes, and oversees all aspects of the university's integrated marketing communication efforts to increase visibility, brand awareness, reputation and engagement with key internal and external constituencies, stakeholders, suppliers and vendors (with an emphasis on prospective undergraduate and graduate students).
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to the Marketing and Communications department which includes Public Relations, Marketing, Web Services, Print Services and Graphic Design Services.
- Creates and implements an annual integrated marketing communications strategic plan to support strategic goals of increasing undergraduate and graduate enrollment using appropriate internal and external resources. To that end, provides direction and support to university enrollment.
- Provides direction for university social media channels, direct mail campaigns, e-communications, digital and print advertising and print collateral projects.
- Serve as the managing editor of University publications.
- Directs, oversees and participates in content creation, design and continuing development of the university's website(s), ensuring adoption and integration of appropriate new technologies to maximize information delivery and user engagement with the site.
- In conjunction with event sponsors across the university, effectively promotes and manages general and enrollment events.
- Directs, coordinates and supports the marketing, branding and communications efforts of university colleges, schools, programs and departments to ensure brand and message consistency with university marketing strategy.
- Serves as the chief brand manager for the university, ensuring a common look, feel, and message from every area, in line with the university’s strategic and marketing plans.
- Allocates, monitors and tracks annual marketing budgets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or a closely related field, or ten (10) years of marketing experience.
- Higher education experience preferred.
- Leadership and staff supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership, team and project management, organizational, and operational skills with a proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Proven ability to develop, execute and measure the effectiveness of integrated marketing communications programs.
- Proficient with technology and its application, including digital and social media platforms.
- Skilled marketing writer with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.