Director of Records and Registration
The Director of Records and Registration provides operational oversight and strategic direction to the Registrar's office including the custodial management of all academic and student records. This position directs the facilitation of course and class schedules and degree information and provides academic support services to students, alumni and faculty throughout the University under the oversight of the Office of the Provost.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs, and evaluates the university registration processes including the development and monitoring of annual tactical plans that complement strategic goals.
- Maintains the security and integrity of all active and archived student records, postings of degrees, and transfer credit, equivalency determination and residency requirements in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Assures appropriate record retention and confidentiality policies are followed.
- Ensures all student information disclosures (including production of transcripts) are compliant with university academic policies and legal guidelines including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974.
- Manages issuance of diplomas and certificates and record verification of posthumous degree requests.
- Provides FERPA training to the University Community.
- Administers the integrity of the Ellucian/Colleague Information System database and verifies the accuracy of data reports provided to faculty, administration, and accrediting agencies including IPEDS, IBHE, National Student Clearinghouse, and College Board.
- Recognized subject matter expert related to academic policies and programs that support the University's instructional mission and campus support for student success and graduation.
- Consults with deans, department chairs and faculty regarding the academic calendar, academic requirements, academic policies and compliance with student immunizations as well as other University policies.
- Serves as a key liaison with faculty, Academic Affairs, Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Compliance Office and other pertinent academic units.
- Supervises the strategic utilization of academic record keeping with key University department leaders.
- In collaboration with the college teams, provides leadership during the degree audit process for all University students.
- Provides staff management and professional development for staff and student workers.
- Ensures an atmosphere of efficient and excellent services for all University constituencies.
- (Required) Master's Degree in Education or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience with Ellucian student management software with experience in online, integrated student management systems (preferably Hobsons).
- Thorough background in leading implementations of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Ability to plan and conceptualize and make sound business office decisions.
- A combination of five years of experience in related student records activities to include admissions, advising, registration, and student finance.
- Strong presentation skills, problem solving skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong systems technology background and understanding of academic policies and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to lead.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strong student centered services with adherence to comprehensive policies.
- Proven ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams and diverse communities.
- Demonstrated success at implementing effective change.
In lieu of clicking "Apply Now" below, please send a cover letter, CV or resume and a list of at least three references to Barb Oliver, Assistant to the Associate Provost, at email@example.com.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.