Director, Technology Project Management - Information Technology
The Director of Technology Project Management is responsible for the evaluation, design, development and deployment of technology in support of teaching, learning, research, and institutional support. This position supervises the Technology Program Management staff and works under the direction of and provides leadership assistance to the Chief Information Technology Officer in overseeing various technology initiatives. The position is responsible for creating technology project management plans, aligning technology, executing rollout plans, and analyzing results. Projects and programs require an understanding of information and educational technology infrastructure, program management, business administration, customer service and how technology integrates into student learning and staff support. They will build relationships with colleagues (OIT, faculty and staff), key stakeholders, educational partners and end-users to ensure goals for service quality and end-user productivity along with satisfaction are understood and exceeded. They should be forward-looking to provide recommendations and collaborate in strategic planning and setting the overall service and technical implementation and integration direction for technology software and hardware.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with faculty, staff, and technology partners to plan and deploy technology across the Ashland University educational system.
- Project manages the research, implementation, integration and administration of University technologies.
- Participates in analyzing, testing, verification, and validation of custom software, hardware, and third-party package software/hardware implementation.
- Proactively manages the impacts and expectations of technology services and/or performance changes.
- Analyzes performance test results and collaborates with technical resources to identify bottlenecks.
- Supervises Program Management team.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with project teams, AU IT colleagues, and client stakeholders.
- Develops tutorials and deployment messaging, as needed, to facilitate technology adoption.
- Creates program management plans and rollout scenarios in conjunction with University plans.
- Supports the vetting and implementation of new tools as needed for infrastructure requirements and teaching and learning.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Main campus position with some necessary travel.
- Master's Degree (Information/Education/Instructional Technology, MBA, or related fields) is required. PhD in Information/Educational/Instructional Technology or Business Management/Administration (or Associated Field) preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education technology.
- Proven experience and knowledge integrating technology hardware and software.
- Experience designing and integrating Online courses and user interface considerations preferred.
- Program Management Professional (PMP), Microsoft and/or Apple Certification, and network administration preferred.
- Supervisory and project management experience in development and rollout planning for hardware/software technologies.
- Experience negotiating with and managing third-party vendors for implementing technology is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet hard deadlines.
- Proficiency administering a technology implementation and integration plan.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required as needed.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote locations and attend training as assigned.
A complete job description is on file with Human Resources.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.