Dispatcher - Safety Services
Ashland University's Safety Services Department seeks to fill a full-time, temporary Dispatcher position for second shift. This position is under the direct supervision of the Director of Safety Services.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report safety concerns to the director.
- Initiate emergency response as necessary.
- Review daily assignment sheet at the start of the shift.
- Get current information from previous shift staff.
- Review logs since last scheduled shift worked.
- Provide immediate follow up with all parties for incidents by conducting and documenting interviews.
- Notify police for situations requiring their assistance.
- Assist with parking recordkeeping and ticket processing.
- Maintain a safe clean and organized work environment.
- Perform general housekeeping in the office.
- Perform all computer functions (i.e. card access, emergency notification, etc.
- Monitor safety cameras.
- Any other task as directed by supervisor.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Successfully satisfy all standard prescribed pre-employment screening.
- Effective communicator (proper phone and radio etiquette).
- Ability to respond to all types of emergency and routine service calls.
- Ability to learn basic computer functions and using a computer, document departmental communications.
- Ability to handle several tasks at once in a positive and effective manner.
A complete position description is on file in Human Resources.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.