Donor Relations Coordinator, Ashbrook Center
The Donor Relations Coordinator works closely with the Senior Director and the Associate Director of Development to build the Ashbrook Center's visibility, brand and donor base in key states. This position will schedule donor and prospect meetings, coordinate small events, develop communication pieces to cultivate and steward donors and build strategic relationships in the regions. Since 1983, the Ashbrook Center has demonstrated an extraordinary track record of success by building and refining a series of high-quality programs that impact thousands of teachers and hundreds of thousands of students nationwide. The Ashbrook Center is located in Ashland, OH, approximately 65 miles from Cleveland, OH. The ideal candidate would be located in or near Ashland or would be willing to relocate. Qualified candidates living outside the area will also be considered.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help execute state-based fundraising plan.
- Conduct prospect research on an ongoing basis.
- Schedules 8-10 meetings per month for Senior Director, Associate Director or self.
- Coordinates and attends one small donor and prospect event in each state annually.
- Prepare and maintain a communications calendar for donor stewardship.
- Draft letters, reports, emails and other communication pieces.
- Build relationships with "influentials" in the states.
- Deepen the team's knowledge of nuances of each state to assist in fundraising.
- Bachelor's degree in American History, Political Science, Liberal Arts, Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Public Relations or related field required.
- 2+ years professional experience required. Experience in non-profit fundraising or marketing experience a plus, but no prior experience in those fields are necessary.
- Deep commitment to the Ashbrook Center's educational mission to restore and strengthen the capacities of the American people for constitutional self-government.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent written and communication skills, research skills and interpersonal skills.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
In lieu of clicking "Apply Now" below, send resume and cover letter via email to Victoria Hughes, Senior Director, Ashbrook Center at Ashland University, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will begin to be reviewed on July 31, 2017.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.