Employer Relations Coordinator - Career Services
The Employer Relations Coordinator provides office management for the Career Services Center. Coordinates recruitment events and employer visits. Assists the Executive Director with employer relations efforts and AU Career Connect database management. Generates reports on recruitment activity, student engagement, AU Career Connect, and other Career Services activity.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs office traffic/answering phones, takes messages and/or refers calls to appropriate individuals and offices.
- Manages the AU Career Connect Recruiting Database to include employer and student registration for career-related programs, monitors student profiles, resumes, and job postings.
- Presents to incoming students at orientations regarding campus employment and AU Career Connect. '
- Coordinates visits for companies recruiting on campus; Meet & Greets, interviews, information sessions, information tables, luncheons, etc.
- Establishes and maintains recruiting calendar, confirms arrangements between employers, students, and staff.
- Provides content to Career Specialist for updating website and development of new pages.
- Maintains budget and records of fiscal transactions including preparation of purchase requisitions, invoices, deposits and other expenses.
- Coordinates the copying, printing and ordering of career services promotional and major publications and initiates orders.
- Drafts general office correspondence and creates agendas, arranges and participates in staff meetings.
- Assigns and supervises the work of student employees. Completes time sheets and monitors university student employment funds.
- Coordinates and oversees semi-annual Career Fair, Meet the Accountant Night, Etiquette Dinner, and other recruiting events.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible secretarial/office experience with demonstrated administrative skills.
- Experience in a higher education setting preferred.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, planning and decision making skills required.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Requires availability to work some evenings and weekends.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.