Executive Director, Career Center for Life Calling
The Executive Director ("Director") provides strategic leadership and vision for the comprehensive department serving the career, life calling, experiential learning, employment, and graduate school interests of Ashland University students and alumni. The Director works cooperatively with academic departments and administrative offices to integrate the life calling approach and career development process in support of the university's mission and vision. The Director is responsible for strengthening and expanding relationships with students, alumni, faculty, staff, and employers while guiding the centralized Career Center for Life Calling.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates the Career Center for Life Calling (CCLC) team.
- Partners with CCLC team to select, train, supervise and evaluate undergraduate and graduate student staff.
- Markets services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages department and affiliated grant budgets.
- Serves as point person for grant writing/soliciting external funding initiatives.
- Conducts satisfaction survey and contribute to the facilitation of other outcome and data collection.
- Strengthens and expands relationships with employers, alumni and faculty to coordinate centralized employer recruitment and internship development.
- Partners with area Chambers of Commerce, focal businesses, the Morgan Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, faculty and staff.
- Engages and collaborates with the Advancement and Alumni Engagement staffs.
- Maintains relationships with the corporate community and AU's Corporate Connections office.
- Collaborates with faculty and internship site supervisors to promote optimal student internship experiences to meet established learning objectives.
- Oversees staff coordination of career and life calling events.
- Partners with CCLC team and Alumni Engagement to strengthen, expand and market the GUIDE Network.
Life Calling and Career Development Activities:
- Provides life calling and career development coaching for students and alumni.
- Administers and interprets assessments.
- Collaborates with campus community to support student and alumni clarification of career and life goals.
- Designs and implements outreach programming.
- Contributes to and attends job fairs, CCLC and AU events.
- Serve on division/institutional committees and perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in higher education or related field with experience with career development, career coaching and life calling.
- Exhibits knowledge of career development and life calling concepts.
- Provides staff leadership to support team/office goals and objectives.
- Embraces and demonstrates servant leadership characteristics.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
- Possesses multi-tasking ability, excellent problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well independently and as a member of a team.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.