Executive Director, Christian Ministry - Office of Christian Ministry
The Executive Director, Christian Ministry, is a 12-month employee who serves as the visionary leader for the Office of Christian Ministry at Ashland University. He or she must demonstrate a strong Christian faith and the capability to nurture a welcoming Christian environment on the University campus that encourages inclusiveness and mutual respect while upholding the Christian values and mission of Ashland University. The Executive Director will provide spiritual oversight and administration for Christian activities on the University campus, coordinates pastoral counseling and support of the University community, including staff and students. He or she must assist in the cultivation of the spiritual ethos of the university.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ministers to the needs of the student body with compassion, commitment and community and embraces the importance of a faith in Christ and a common set of values.
- Manages the department's budget and funds allocated from student activities.
- Provides pastoral care and counseling for the faculty, administration and staff as needed.
- Serves as a special assistant to the President in regards to the university's denomination relationship and the spiritual ethos of the institution.
- Cultivates close relationships with the founding denomination, The Brethren Church, Ashland Theological Seminary, AU Religion Department and the OCM. Attend pertinent denominational meetings and conferences as needed.
- Supervises the Assistant Director, administrative assistants, student assistants, interns, and para-church personnel.
- Provides direction to the various OCM student ministries and partnering organizations including, but are not limited to, Newman Catholic Ministry, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Campus Christian Outreach, The Well, The Melting Pot, the Brethren Academy, International Students Ministries, Young Life, and the Isaiah Project (short term missions).
- Organizes and facilitates campus-wide events such as convocations, spiritual emphasis week, Brethren Heritage Lectures, Christian activities day, baccalaureate services, faith and life symposia, prayer gatherings, etc.
- Networks with local churches for shared ministry experiences and for the spiritual development of students.
- Assists with fundraising and grant writing efforts as needed and available.
- Performs traditional pastoral functions such as weddings and memorial services as requested.
- Assesses OCM sponsored programs and activities relative to strategic priorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree required; doctorate preferred.
- Pastoral ministry, youth ministry, campus ministry, higher education preferred. Development/fundraising experience preferred.
- Administration, communication (written and verbal), leadership, budget management, networking, outgoing personality, self-starter.
- Professing evangelical Christian, member of Brethren tradition preferred.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Please submit a cover letter, current CV, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.