Executive Director for Enrollment Services and Operations
As part of the Enrollment Management and Marketing division, the Executive Director for Enrollment Services and Operations ensures the efficiency and effectiveness of application processing; the development, operations and training of the application systems; enrollment management service communications throughout campus; and works closely with the Vice President, Enrollment Management and Marketing (VPEM) on strategic projects and initiatives. The Executive Director reports directly to the VPEM and provides leadership to the application processors, and support to appropriate personnel in Undergraduate, Graduate, and International Admissions.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the effort to streamline enrollment processes (i.e. communication flows, application processing, steps to enrollment communication) at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Assures the production and accuracy of timely enrollment reports.
- Assists the VPEM in establishing program goals, assessing communication effectiveness, and developing effective enrollment service communication strategies.
- Oversees the implementation of the Enrollment Management communication plan (developed by the VPEM and division).
- Partners with all units involved in processing applications to ensure the smooth functioning of enrollment services software and systems (i.e. Registrar, Financial Aid, Business Office, and others).
- Trains staff in the use of essential software related to enrollment and application processing.
- Oversees issues related to system upgrades and assists the VPEM on strategic planning or enrollment software.
- Works with the VPEM and relevant personnel to plan and implement software upgrades, implementation of new software, and connectivity between AU systems.
- Ensures consistent standards and quality control for enrollment software for undergraduate, graduate, international, seminary, and other enrollment personnel
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration or related degree is required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive experience in admissions, enrollment management, and higher education administration.
- Higher education experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of application processing and applications systems.
- Experience with enrollment processes and enrollment funnel operations strongly preferred.
- Intermediate level understanding of system integration.
- Expertise in CRM i.e. Hobsons, Salesforce, Slate, etc. is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; intermediate knowledge of Excel and manipulation of data fields and file types.
- Proficiency in processes related to importing and exporting data.
- Experience with system migration and planning of software updates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and ability to manage very detailed processes.
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms preferred.
- Ability to work on energetic team, be self-driven/self-motivated, and meet hard deadlines.
- Evening and weekend working hours required as needed; ability to attend training as assigned.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.