Full-Time A.M. Baker - Student Dining
Performs the duties of full-time A.M. Baker in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of student customers. This position requires weekends and holidays as needed.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic understanding of baking and dessert preparation.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and in an organized manner.
- Produces products for areas of dining services including all cafe's, Tuffy's Smoothie Bar, Catering Services, Student Dining, and concessions.
- Prepares foods following safe cooking practices for temperature and serving quality.
- Completes serving line worksheets and records accurate numbers.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred, but not required.
- Must have baking skills including food prep and safety knowledge.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic and outgoing personality in dealing with the general public and student customers.
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable and a self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Cleanliness and a neat appearance are required.
- Must have a good understanding of the job requirements, along with University goals, policies and procedures.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.