Full-Time Dishroom Lead - Student Dining
The full-time Dishroom Lead directs employees in the Student Dining dishroom and pots and pans area. The dishroom is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of all dishes and pots and pans for the university.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upon arrival, checks with manager on duty for new or additional information pertaining to special events that would affect dishroom staffing.
- Prepares all dishware for cleaning by disposing of all food scrapes, and placing dishes in dishwasher.
- Operates dish cleaning equipment.
- Monitors chemical and temperature levels.
- Stores clean dishes in assigned storage locations.
- Assists manager concerning monthly inventory on china, glassware, and silverware.
- Empties and cleans trash cans, transports garbage containers to dumpster, and adheres to recycling practices.
- Empties and cleans designated equipment, dishwasher, roto, pulper.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Sweeps and sprays floors at the end of the shift.
- Must stay through the end of the shift ensuring all the areas are clean and staff are being monitored.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication and supervisory skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable and a self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent stamina; bending, heavy lifting, continual twisting and turning are required.
- Tolerance to extreme heat and humidity when working in and around dishroom environment.
- In addition, must have a good understanding of the job requirements and University policies and procedures.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.