Full-Time P.M. Custodian – Student Dining
Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) seeks candidates for a full-time P.M. Custodian position. Under the direction of the Service Manager and Service Supervisor, performs the duties of P.M. Custodian in an efficient manner, meeting the objectives of the university. Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the entire facility during the scheduled shift.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removes trash as needed in kitchen and dining hall.
- Cleans and stocks restrooms, soap and towel dispensers as needed.
- Cleans and mops dining hall, behind the serving lines, kitchen, dining hall, Eagles Nest, restrooms, lobbies, and dock areas.
- Responsible for sanitation and preventative maintenance of equipment; notifies supervisor immediately if repairs are necessary.
- Advises supervisor of any work orders needed in designated areas.
- Responsible for waxing floors, painting walls and making necessary improvements in and around the facility.
- Assists co-workers if necessary in order to complete tasks in a safe and compliant manner.
- Keeps cleaning supplies stocked and notifies supervisor if inventory is low.
- Performs any other duties assigned by manager or supervisor on duty.
- High School graduate or higher.
- Past experience in custodial and inventory.
- Good with numbers and able to lift heavy items of 50 lbs. or more.
- Self-starter and able to work unsupervised at times.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme heat and cold.
- Hours may fluctuate.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.