Full-Time Salad Prep - Student Dining
Performs the duties of full-time Salad Prep in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of the student customers.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing items needed for prep list.
- Organize and keep records of prep shelves.
- Provide product for salad bar as needed.
- Able to work in multiple departments to fulfill the needs of the operation.
- Able to accurately follow recipe directions as well as preparation sheets.
- Record post meal numbers with clear written or verbal communication skills.
- Willing to perform other related duties when requested by management.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred.
- Excellent knife skills and basic food prep and safety knowledge.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable and a self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent stamina; bending and lifting are required along with standing for long periods of time.
- Tolerance to extreme heat when working in and around a kitchen environment.
- Cleanliness and a neat appearance are required.
- Must have a good understanding of the job requirements, along with University goals, policies and procedures.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.