Full-Time Swing Shift - Dining Services
Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) seeks candidates for a full-time Swing Shift position. Responsibilities of this position include producing quality foods and presenting them in an attractive manner using proper cooking techniques.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents production records and maintains sanitation standards regarding all stages of food preparation.
- Responsible for prep as needed and ensures all unused portions are properly stored, labeled and recorded.
- Performs other related duties when requested by management.
- Meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of the student customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred, but not required.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic personality in dealing with the general public and student customers.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable as well as a self-starter and work with little or no supervision.
- In addition, must have a good understanding of the job requirements and University policies and procedures.
- Excellent stamina, bending and lifting is required along with standing for long periods of time.
- Tolerance to extreme heat when working in and around a kitchen environment.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.