Gift Processing and Records Coordinator
The Gift Processing and Records Coordinator is responsible for accurately processing all gifts to Ashland University and for entering demographic and employment data into the Colleague Advancement database. The coordinator manages daily gift deposits and balances gift accounts with the Office of Business Affairs. The coordinator also develops and provides complex and detailed gift and pledge reports to Development staff. The coordinator assists with generating lists to assure that all relevant data is entered accurately, efficiently and in accordance with established processes. This position reports to the Director of Advancement Services.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect daily donations from Development and other University departments. Evaluate, sort and total gifts and pledges in preparation for gift entry.
- Analyze, enter and process gifts in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Research and seek out clarification on complex gifts, including stock gifts, gifts-in-kind, estate gifts, etc.
- Generate receipts for gifts received in a timely fashion.
- Manages pledges and prepares pledge reminders for donors.
- Design, develop and produce a wide variety of contribution reports, employing complex queries, on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Assist Director of Advancement Services with database training for gift officers and other advancement staff.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of policies and procedures for gift entry and records management.
- Coordinates assignments and special projects with student workers.
- Responsible for researching gift reporting and compliance guidelines and conveying this information to Development staff.
- Responds to information requests by phone and/or email.
- Other duties as needed.
- Associates degree in Business, Accounting or related field required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in accounting, computer science, MIS or a related field.
- Prior gift processing experience in higher education and an understanding of relational databases strongly preferred.
- Preference given to candidates with specific experience or training in Ellucian Colleague database and Entrinsik Informer report writer.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.