Graduate Assistant, Creative Services - Athletics
Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 24-sport athletic program. The University is located off Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.
Ashland University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Graduate Assistant, Creative Services. This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics and the Directors of Athletic Communications.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces creative content for the Ashland University athletics social media channels (@goashlandeagles).
- Maintains brand standards and has a primary role in executing social media strategy for the Athletic Department.
- Creates engaging content including video, photo, and graphics for use on the social media channels and the university's athletics website.
- Oversees undergraduate student staff who are involved in the production of multimedia projects and assists in their training.
- Maintains athletic video, photo, and graphic library.
- Assists in the day-to-day operation of the athletic communications department by serving as the primary contact for a small number of sports.
- Uses a content management system to update the athletics website.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Acceptance of the position is contingent on the candidate’s acceptance in one of Ashland University’s graduate programs.
- Experience in video production and graphic design is required, with extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Prior experience working in a college sports information or professional public relations setting as a student or intern is preferred.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends is required. Occasional travel is involved with this position.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, contact information for three (3) references, multiple video, graphic design, and writing samples to Brendan Bittner, Director of Athletic Communications, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For the most favorable consideration, candidates should submit materials by April 9, 2020.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.