Graduate Assistant, Talons Concessions - Auxiliary Services
Under the direction of the General Manager of Dining Operations, the Graduate Assistant, Talons Concessions, will perform all duties and expectations of the position as described in the specific responsibilities and according to the policies of Ashland University.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and schedules groups to work stadium and Kates concessions.
- Trains groups working in concessions and communicates instructions and procedures.
- Forecasts, orders, and inventories food and supplies.
- Ensures end of day activities are complete after each event.
- Ensures accurate cash deposits and production reports are complete.
- Follows credit card and Blackboard procedures.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation in all areas of the operation.
- Creates new menus and promotions as needed to keep the areas current with food trends.
- Utilized in other areas of food service as the need arises.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous food service or hospitality experience preferred. State of Ohio food safety certificate or ServSafe certified is required.
- Ability to work within a department of professionals with main focus on customer service and hospitality.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and effectively with various forms of technology.
- Required to work additional concession events as the need arises such as but not limited to high school football, community events, and basketball playoff games.
- Highly creative and self-motivated. Must maintain a pleasant and professional attitude at all times.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Adaptable to all weather conditions. Standing for long periods of time is required.
- Able to lift 40 pounds.
- Valid driver's license is required.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.