1st shift with occasional weekends and overtime for grounds work at ATS.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Grounds Supervisor at Ashland Theological Seminary
- Follow basic ATS policies and procedures, including written and verbal instructions. Complete assignments according to instruction within a requested deadline with supervisory review of final output.
- Operate equipment for mowing grass.
- Operate snow removal equipment including tractors, salt spreaders, hydraulic brooms, walk behind snow blower, etc.
- Operate all type of outdoor power equipment including chainsaws, sprayers, mowers, ground prep equipment, as well as various types of vehicles
- Ability to obtain or possess pesticide applicators license Experience with irrigation system operation and maintenance Complete small brick/block projects including slabs/sidewalks Assist other Maintenance groups to complete tasks as necessary. Attention to detail is critical.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent with relevant prior experience. Must be highly skilled, dependable, trustworthy, flexible and a team player.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Traveling to all areas of Seminary, including off-site locations, to perform assigned tasks in all seasons of the year
- Performing tasks in high, low and confined spaces
- Lifting boxes, trash, ladders, furniture and equipment
- Utilizing power equipment (drills, saws, personnel lifts, vehicles, and other carpentry related equipment
- Exposure to chemical in painting/varnishing, dust, dirt
- Exposure to the elements (cold in winter and heat/humidity during summer months).
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.