Help Desk Manager - Information Technology
The Help Desk Manager directs and coordinates the efforts of the Help Desk to provide a wide range of evolving assistance across Ashland University technology. This position builds relationships with colleagues in the Office of Information Technology and across campus, key stakeholders, and end users to ensure that goals for service quality and end user productivity and satisfaction are understood and exceeded. Is responsible for identifying opportunities to improve service delivery and operations, based on analysis of performance metrics and other information sources. The Help Desk Manager reports directly to the Director, Information Technology User Services.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the team resulting in workload equity, compliance with standards and services and deliverables that provide consistency and dependability in meeting customer and organizational expectations.
- Develops staffing plans and schedules.
- Oversees Service Center requests, incidents and problems, monitoring and managing support queues to ensure timely issue resolution and high-quality customer service.
- Oversees documentation of the team’s processes, knowledge base and self-service capabilities for the faculty, staff and students we support.
- Applies management tools and methods to scale staffing levels and meet goals for coverage of work shifts, customer and staff satisfaction.
- Ensures effective communications about normal operations and exceptions that impact services and projects and escalate appropriately.
- Acts as an escalation point for support issues. Determine root cause of recurring issues and communicate impacts appropriately. Manage and coordinate urgent and complex support issues.
- Provides regular and ad-hoc reporting on key performance indicators, trends and performance against service level expectations.
- Develops and improve processes.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education/certification/experience is required
- Two (2) to five (5) years customer service and/or product support experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced environment requiring teamwork.
- Demonstrated experience fostering relationships with end users and being a champion of service excellence.
- Prior IT Help Desk experience including management of incidents and knowledge preferred.
- Working knowledge of service center technologies such as telephone systems and ticketing systems (Quest Kbox or others) preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet hard deadlines.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to sixty (60) lbs.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required as needed.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote campus locations and attend training as assigned.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.