Housing and Operations Coordinator - Office of Student and Residence Life
Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) invites applications for a full-time Housing and Operations Coordinator in the Office of Student and Residence Life. The 12-month position is responsible for residence life operations and management of campus housing. This position oversees the overall administration and operation of the housing procedures including new student room assignments, room selection for returning students, and utilization of housing software systems, among other key functions. The Housing and Operations Coordinator serves an integral role in the Office of Student and Residence Life within the Division of Student Affairs.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the day-to-day function of housing operations.
- Manages university software for housing assignments and lottery, room changes, applications and billing, and up-to-date Room Condition Reports.
- Coordinates marketing for on-campus living, learning communities, and off-campus policy and procedures.
- Hires, trains, and supervises summer staff and housing operations.
- Maintains billing and records for the Residence Life Department, utilizing eRezlife and Colleague software.
- Works closely with Admissions, Orientation, Safety Services, Facilities, Information Technology, and the Mail Center on housing operations.
- Manages an area of campus housing including arranging check-in/out, work orders, and health and safety inspections.
- Assists with development and implementation of department goals.
- Creates monthly reconciliation and occupancy reports to ensure accurate housing information for current period and future housing projections.
- Assists in the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of student employees.
- Coordinates early arrival and break housing.
- Collects and processes all students conduct fines and service hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional residence life experience required.
- Highly organized, have strong written and verbal communication, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential documents.
- Experience with databases such as Colleague by Ellucian and eRezlife or Advocate is preferred.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends and non-traditional times.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.