Infrastructure Engineer I - Information Technology
The Infrastructure Engineer I is responsible for identifying, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining a robust managed server environment for the students, staff, and faculty at Ashland University. This position is critical to providing daily support, troubleshooting, consultation, and resolution of Ashland University technology services. Also, performs subsequent hardware, software, and network maintenance as necessary.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a variety of technical and client support services, including installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a variety of hardware and software in support of university networking and server needs.
- Tracks, controls, audits, and reports on IT configuration changes and related activities.
- Helps maintain Configuration-Management Database (CMDB)
- Manages and maintains campus Active Directory environment, file and print, user rights, GPO's, etc.
- Manages and troubleshoots campus collaboration tools.
- Manages campus VMWare cluster.
- Collaborates with infrastructure team members to maintain and enhance the overall security posture and decrease the vulnerability footprint of critical systems.
- Maintains all campus servers and networking hardware under your control with appropriate OS and software patches and updates.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation on configurations and operational procedures.
- Monitors and tunes enterprise information systems. Diagnoses and corrects operating and performance issues.
- Resolves trouble tickets and assists in developing a consolidated knowledge base.
- Participates in rotational on-call responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Infrastructure and Security.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience providing relevant enterprise network and server administration, installation, support, maintenance, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Experience with MS Windows server and Active Directory, MS SQL, Linux OS, programming/scripting environments (PowerShell or Python), VMWare/vSphere, VEEAM, prem. and cloud storage, Azure, AWS, Google Apps, MS Office365, SAN technologies, Identity Access Management tools, SSO, network switching/routing technologies, security compliance, and security controls.
- Should be technically adept, capable of learning, maintaining, and providing basic troubleshooting for various types of database and corresponding technologies.
- Must have organizational skills and can make sound decisions independently.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communications and collaborative skills and have experience working in a service capacity with direct customer interaction.
- Must be able to build team support as well as can work cooperatively with all levels of the university community.
- Ability to lift and move equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote campus locations and attend training as assigned.
- Evening hours or weekend work may be expected.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check