Job Location and Development Coordinator - Career Center for Life Calling
The Job Location and Development (JLD) Coordinator will devote 100% of their work hours to support the Department of Education Experimental Sites Initiative (ESI), Federal Work Study (FWS) Experiment in conjunction with Ashland University's Mission. The Coordinator serves as a member of the Career Center for Life Calling (CCLC) team. Responsibilities will complement and not duplicate the roles of other CCLC team members. The JDL Coordinator will serve as a CCLC team member in accordance with the ESI FWS Experiment guidelines.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates employer, student/intern and reporting documents in support of the FWS ESI Experiment.
- Recruits employers who will offer FWS ESI experiential opportunities.
- Obtains and posts FWS ESI internship opportunities.
- Supports employers working with the FWS ESI intern hiring process.
- Works with employers to monitor and evaluate student internship outcomes.
- Recruits students who qualify for FWS ESI experiential learning opportunities.
- Coaches students to prepare for, obtain and complete FWS ESI internship assignments.
- Works with students to monitor and evaluate internship outcomes.
- Collaborates with the Financial Aid, Business Office, Human Resources and Payroll Offices to supply FWS ESI related information.
- Serves as FWS ESI liaison to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of work experience in a university career services role or a related position with a human resource, recruitment, or career preparation focus.
- Ability to demonstrate servant leader characteristics.
- Exhibits effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to establish rapport and partner with students, faculty, employers, and staff.
- Experience with creating and delivering presentations and workshops to large audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and industry standard career management systems.
- May include some night and weekend responsibilities.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.