Mechanic - Facilities Management and Planning
Ashland University Facilities Management and Planning seeks a full time Mechanic. Position will be scheduled for 1st shift with occasional weekends and overtime. This position reports to the Grounds Supervisor.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine maintenance on all types of Facilities equipment including golf carts, UTV's, cars, trucks, snowplows, small engines, etc.
- Answers service calls for stranded vehicles.
- Performs detailed troubleshooting on all vehicles using meters, code readers, etc.
- Ability to use cutting torches, welders, presses, etc.
- Prepares equipment for each season as it approaches including putting on cabs, spreaders, snow plows, etc.
- Operates equipment for mowing grass.
- Operates snow removal equipment including tractors, salt spreaders, hydraulic brooms, walk behind snow blower, etc.
- Operates all type of outdoor power equipment including chainsaws, sprayers, mowers, ground prep equipment, as well as various types of vehicles.
- Assist other Maintenance groups to complete tasks as necessary.
- Travels to all areas of the University, including off-site locations, to perform assigned tasks in all seasons of the year.
- Performs tasks in high, low and confined spaces.
- Lifts boxes, trash, ladders, furniture, and equipment.
- Utilizes power equipment (drills, saws, personnel lifts, vehicles, any other carpentry related equipment).
- Exposure to chemicals in painting/varnishing, dust, dirt, etc.
- Exposure to the elements (cold in winter, heat/humidity during summer months).
- Pushes/pulls cars into garage to repair as needed.
- High school graduate or the equivalent with relevant prior experience.
- Must be highly skilled, dependable, trustworthy, flexible and a team player.
- Follow basic university and Facilities Management and Planning policies and procedures, including written and verbal instructions.
- Complete assignments according to instruction within a requested deadline with supervisory review of final output.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Attention to detail is critical.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.