Part-Time A.M. Deli - Student Dining
Performs the duties of the part-time Deli position in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of student customers.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up, closing, and cleaning deli station at the end of the meal period.
- Ensures unused products are properly covered, stored, labeled, and dated at the end of the shift.
- Responsible for temperature and serving quality of items in the deli station.
- Fills out production sheets accurately.
- Informs management when products are low.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred, but not required.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic personality in dealing with University faculty, staff, and student customers.
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable, and a self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of safe food handling practices.
- Excellent stamina; bending and lifting are required along with standing for long periods of time.
- Cleanliness and a neat appearance are required.
- Must have a good understanding of the job requirements, along with University goals, policies and procedures.
- Must work weekends as needed in rotation schedule.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.