Part-Time A.M. Grill Cook - Dining Services
Performs the duties of part-time A.M. Grill Cook in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of student customers. This position requires working on the grill and in the kitchen through the week and on weekends as needed.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for display cooking on the grill.
- Prepares foods following safe cooking practices for temperature and serving quality.
- Responsible for set-up and cleaning the grill.
- Perform other related duties when requested by management.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred, but not required.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic and outgoing personality in dealing with the general public and student customers.
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable and a self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent stamina; bending and lifting are required along with standing for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of safe food handling practices and temperature and serving quality.
- Tolerance to extreme heat when working in and around a kitchen environment.
- Cleanliness and a neat appearance are required.
- Must have a good understanding of the job requirements, along with University goals, policies and procedures.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.