Part-Time A.M. Hot Bar Attendant - Student Dining
Performs the duties of part-time A.M. Hot Bar Attendant in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of student customers.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up the Hot Bar in an orderly fashion.
- Set up lines with proper utensils.
- Fill wells with water and/or ice.
- Communicate with cooks for set up requirements for the meal.
- Aid in the completion of production sheets in your area.
- Gather ingredients from coolers or storeroom if necessary.
- Set up w/hot or cold foods and maintain during meal hours.
- Responsible for temperature and food quality for the hot bar.
- Keep supply of food, plates and bowls full at all times.
- Assist with adjoining areas as time permits.
- Clean up Hot Bar and Yogurt Bar after closing.
- Perform other related duties when requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred, but not required.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic personality in dealing with the general public and student customers.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable as well as a self-starter and work with little or no supervision.
- In addition, must have a good understanding of the job requirements and University policies and procedures.
- Excellent stamina, bending and lifting is required along with standing for long periods of time.
- Tolerance to extreme heat when working in and around a kitchen environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.