Part-Time Banquet Cook - Catering
The part-time Banquet Cook is responsible for the preparation of food for catering events in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University and the client's needs with a strong emphasis on high quality food preparation and presentation.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for helping to prepare foods following safe cooking practices for temperature and serving quality.
- Determines pertinent details from catering contracts as it concerns special events and timing of events.
- Works with servers and other staff members to prevent delays and avoid mistakes.
- Performs other related duties when requested by management.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Previous culinary experience is a plus but not required.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable and a self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent stamina; bending and lifting are required along with standing for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of safe food handling practices and temperature and serving quality.
- Tolerance to extreme heat when working in and around a kitchen environment.
- Cleanliness and a neat appearance are required.
- Must have a good understanding of the job requirements, along with University goals, policies and procedures.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.