Part-Time Daily Special - Student Dining
Performs the duties of part-time Daily Special in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of student customers. Employment requires ability to work any shifts as needed by supervisor.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Student Dining Management team, performs the following duties which include:
- Assist in necessary set-up operations, including cleaning of beverage area and tables between meal periods, the set-up and serving of food from the Daily Special line.
- Responsible for food quality, quantity and temperature control of product served during the meal period.
- Clean-up of station after closing and the clean-up and sanitation of the beverage island at the end of the shift.
- Perform other related duties when requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude and be customer service oriented.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to function independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent stamina, bending, lifting as well as being on your feet for a long period of time.
- Tolerance to extreme heat in a restaurant environment.
- In addition, the candidate must have a good understanding of the job requirements, along with University goals, policies and procedures.
- Must work weekends as needed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.