Part-Time Department Assistant
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Department Assistant will collaborate with team members in the Marketing Department to ensure University projects move through the system efficiently and accurately. This team member will also provide administrative support to the Director including scheduling, maintaining the office, assisting with budgeting, supplies, time keeping, among other duties as necessary.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to Marketing team through weekly meeting organization, working with vendors and routing client phone calls.
- Process all check request and purchase order needs for outstanding marketing orders.
- Order, track and bill all stationary orders placed through the Storefront.
- Approve and set up marketing requests submitted through Team Dynamix.
- Report, process and track Print Shop weekly internal charges and cash deposit.
- Maintain Communications and Marketing site on the portal.
- Track expenses and balance marketing budget lines on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly budget report for Director's review.
- Manage Director's calendar and coordinate scheduling of appointments and agendas.
- Assist with travel arrangements for Director.
- Drafts correspondence, agendas, and other documents on behalf of Director as needed.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible office experience with demonstrated administrative and project coordination skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Mac computer proficiency preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively work under tight deadlines necessary.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.