Part-Time Dishroom - Student Dining
Performs the duties of Part-Time Dishroom position in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University. The Dishroom is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of all dishes and pots and pans for the university's Dining Services.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upon arrival, checks with manager on duty for new or additional information pertaining to special events that would affect the Dishroom.
- Prepares all dishware for cleaning by disposing of all food scraps and placing dishes in dishwasher.
- Operates all dish cleaning equipment on campus.
- Stores clean dishes in assigned storage location.
- Empties and cleans trash cans, transports garbage containers to dumpster and adheres to recycling practices.
- Empties and cleans designated equipment, dishwasher, roto, pulper.
- Sweeps and sprays floors at the end of the shift.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties when requested by management.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred, but not required.
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable and a self-starter with excellent communication and supervisory skills.
- Excellent stamina; bending and lifting up to 35 lbs. are required along with continuous twisting and turning.
- Tolerance to extreme heat and humidity when working in and around Dishroom environment.
- Must have a good understanding of the job requirements, along with University goals, policies and procedures.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.