Part-Time Door Checker – Student Dining
The part-time Door Checker is responsible for all student ID cards being entered into the computerized card reader in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of student customers. Employment requires ability to work any shifts as needed by supervisor.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to make correct change and proficient in mathematics to ensure accuracy.
- Completes daily recap sheet for the shift; balance and secure cash box.
- Assists in directing customers not familiar with the Student Dining hall.
- Prevents students without ID cards or those who have not paid from entering Student Dining hall.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic personality in dealing with the general public and student customers.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable as well as a self-starter and work with little or no supervision.
- In addition, must have a good understanding of the job requirements and University policies and procedures.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.