Part-Time Field Supervisors - Dwight Schar College of Education
The Dwight Schar College of Education at Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) invites applications for qualified part-time Field Supervisors.
A private, non-profit university founded in 1878, Ashland University is located in Ashland, Ohio, and serves over 6,500 undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of disciplines. The university's philosophy of "Accent on the Individual" assures that students receive the individual attention essential for educational growth.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes CPAST training each year.
- Attends a minimum of one training/informational session for supervisors each semester.
- Attends orientation events for students each semester.
- Holds an orientation with cooperating teachers and principals about teacher education program requirements and maintains ongoing communication throughout the candidate’s placement.
- Conducts weekly communication with candidates in person, by phone, and/or via e-mail.
- Conducts a minimum of two-four formal observations of classroom instruction per student candidate during public school hours, depending upon program.
- Makes additional observations at school sites as necessary and as requested.
- Completes, collects, and submits all required documents for students according to program deadlines; Grades all required assignments through Blackboard.
- Maintains current knowledge of effective supervision approaches, such as cognitive coaching, adult learning theory, and current content-specific pedagogy and instructional practices.
- Communicates with Director and Coordinator to address student questions and concerns.
- Adheres to all University and school policies.
- Master’s degree in Education is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years teaching experience.
- Experience in the school environment within last three (3) years.
- Relevant professional experiences in elementary, secondary, music, art and/or special education settings.
- Relevant content-specific knowledge and pedagogy (i.e., how knowledge of an array of teaching and learning strategies associated with the subject matter content).
- Familiar with Ohio teacher educator standards.
Please submit a cover letter, current CV, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.